Each time Ursa Major comes out with a new product, you’d better sit up and pay attention. This little Vermont-based maker of unisex natural skincare products has been on a roll lately. Their deodorant, followed up by their facial sunscreen, have become two products I can’t live without.
This new skincare cream, the Golden Hour Recovery Cream, is yet another standout.
How It’s Different
Here’s how this natural facial cream stands out from the crowd:
- The ingredients are clean and high quality, with 81% certified organic content.
- It’s rich, but not greasy. It actually absorbs and leaves skin with a velvety texture. Ursa Major does a great job making sure products never sit heavy on the skin. Because of the texture, this Golden Hour Recovery Cream works well under makeup.
- The color: it’s yellow! That was a surprise.
- The scent is somewhat unusual for a face cream: earthy and herbal. Ursa Major describes the scent as a combination of neroli, sandalwood and sour rose…. I love it. I usually prefer products without scent; anyone else notice how those heavily fragranced products end up creating the biggest skin problems?!? But perhaps my love of the Golden Hour Recovery Cream’s scent isn’t too surprising—there are no nasty synthetic fragrances, so it isn’t your typical “scented” face cream.
- It claims to reduce redness, and it actually delivers on that promise.
- My skin’s texture seems refined and smoothed when I’m using this cream. This effect appears to be achieved through a reduction in inflammation coupled with a slight plumping of little lines and wrinkles.
This cream works equally well for daytime and nighttime use.
Who It’s For
There’s two very different types of people I can see loving the Golden Hour Recovery Cream. First: skincare junkies like myself looking to naturally nourish skin and minimize little fine lines and skin imperfections. But this is also the ideal skin cream for anyone who is frequently outdoors and exposed to the elements: sun, salt water, etc.
And don’t forget—Ursa Major’s products are unisex. Many product-avoiding men have found that they are fans of Ursa Major. I’m related to a few of these men 🙂
Inside the Ingredients
The ingredients in the Golden Hour Recovery Cream are 100% naturally derived and 81% organic.
Ingredients: organic aloe leaf juice, organic sunflower seed oil, glyceryl stearate citrate, cetearyl alcohol, glyceryl caprylate, leuconostoc/radish root ferment filtrate, organic glycerin, meadowfoam seed oil, glyceryl undecylenate, galactoarabinan, cetyl palmitate, octyldodecanol, black currant seed oil, sunflower seed oil unsaponifiables, balloon plant flower/leaf/vine extract, tocopherol, organic rosemary leaf extract, organic seabuckthorn fruit extract, sandalwood wood oil, organic rose flower oil, organic neroli flower oil, palmarosa leaf oil, organic calendula flower extract, sodium anisate, sclerotium gum, xanthan gum, sodium phytate, alcohol.
|Extremely Safe||Reasonably Safe||Proceed with Caution||Insufficient Data|
As Ursa Major states on their website, this cream is “naturally rich in antioxidants, vitamins A, C and E, carotenoids, phytosterols and essential fatty acids including omega 3, 6, 7 and 9 oils.” Phytosterols are particularly exciting in anti-aging skincare, as they encourage new collagen production.
Where to Purchase
The Golden Hour Recovery Cream from Ursa Major is $48 for a 1.7oz jar.
*This post is not sponsored. All opinions are my own.
**Products get makeovers too. Be sure to check if this product has been recently re-formulated before using it yourself.6