In the past, I’ve gotten frustrated with natural hair products. No matter how “natural” it is, I’m not interested in having my hair look or feel like straw. But EVOLVh’s UltraShine Moisture Shampoo, UltraShine Moisture Conditioner, and SmartStart Leave-In Conditioner are truly effective, luxurious, and safe.
Here’s why I love the Healthy Hair Trio from Evolvh:
- The ingredients are clean and high quality.
- Using the shampoo, rinse-out conditioner, and leave-in conditioner together has improved the texture of my hair. I saw improvement after the very first use.
- My hair is shinier.
- My hair is moisturized without being weighed down.
- My hair is straight and fine, but my daughter’s thick 3B ringlets also loved these products!
- The SmartStart Leave-In Conditioner has protected my hair from daily heat styling.
These products are safe for colored hair. ‘Nuff said.
Different Hair Types, Same Great Results
Evolvh says the Healthy Hair Trio is for all hair types, so I decided to put that claim to the test. My daughter and I have radically different hair, perfect to test out that “all hair” promise.
- requires daily shampoo and conditioning (don’t even talk to me about no-poo!)
- easily weighed down
- still recovering from my idiotic choice to use a linen pillowcase…so pretty, but rough on the hair!
My daughter’s hair:
- only needs a weekly shampoo to wash out a week’s worth of styling products
- prone to dryness and frizz
Evolvh’s shampoo and rinse-out conditioner have been equally beneficial for both our hair types.
The one product we use differently is the SmartStart Leave-In Conditioner. I use a couple sprays when my hair is damp before I blow-dry. It smooths out my frizz and adds a touch of shine.
For my daughter, the SmartStart Leave-In Conditioner is what we use to revive her curls. (She does use a heavier leave-in conditioner after washing and conditioning to style the curls.) It’s just a spray-spray-spray and a scrunch-scrunch-scrunch, and her mid-day frizz is 90% gone.
Moisturized, But Not Weighed Down
But what makes this improvement notable is that Evolvh did so without weighing my hair down.
So many products meant to moisturize and repair—especially the natural ones—make fine hair look limp and greasy. But not Evolvh.
SmartStart Leave-In Conditioner: One Brilliant Product
Calling something a “leave-in conditioner” can mean a lot of things. This SmartStart Leave-In Conditioner is a lightweight pH-balanced treatment for hair. It sprays a fine mist and has a pleasant, mild scent.
Here’s what the SmartStart Leave-In Conditioner does:
- nourishes with healthy ingredients, not saturating hair with ingredients that’ll slowly damage hair
- protects hair during heat styling
- reduces frizz and flyaways while providing real smoothness and softness
- gives hair a youthful shine and texture
- counteracts the alkalinity of municipal water
- helps prevent breakage and splitting (I’ve definitely noticed less breakage)
As a heat protectant, it reminds me of the primers from Bumble & Bumble, but with better ingredients.
To use, spritz a generous amount through damp, towel-dried hair. Then heat style or air dry as usual.
Inside the Ingredients
These products are paraben free, gluten free and vegan.
UltraShine Moisture Shampoo ingredients: water, pHytoBlend (a proprietary concentrated blend of 20 herbs in an aqueous base), decyl glucoside, disodium sulfosuccinate, cocamidopropyl betaine, lauryl glucose, coco polyglucose, seaweed extract, citrus aurantifolia, mango, lecithin, sunflower oil, soya, safflower oil, soy amino acids, vitamin C, wild pansy, sweet clover, apricot, nasturtium, nectarine, passion flower, citrus seed extract.
Ultrashine Moisture Conditioner ingredients: water, pHytoBlend (a proprietary concentrated blend of 20 herbs in an aqueous base), stearalkonium chloride, glyceryl monostearate, palm oil, mango, lecithin, sunflower oil, soya, safflower oil, soy amino acids, vitamin C, wild pansy, sweet clover, apricot, nasturtium, nectarine, passion flower, citrus seed extract.
SmartStart Leave-In Conditioner ingredients: water, vegetable glycerin, rice bran extract, black cumin seed oil, palm kernel oil, lecithin, pumpkin seed oil, red raspberry seed oil, red grape seed oil, cranberry seed oil, orange peel oil, grapefruit peel oil, lavender oil, bergamot fruit oil, patchouli oil, cinnamomum oil, geranium flower oil, thyme leaf oil, lemongrass oil, lemon peel oil, citric acid, tocopherol, grape seed extract.
|Extremely Safe||Reasonably Safe||Proceed with Caution||Insufficient Data|
Save $$ with a Set
Purchasing each product individually adds up to $82. But it’s only $64 as a set. Find the set here.
Or you can buy the products separately:
- UltraShine Moisture Shampoo ($26)
- UltraShine Moisture Conditioner ($28)
- SmartStart Leave-In Conditioner ($28)
These products are part of my popular guide to natural hair care, Natural Hair Products: An Honest & Independent Guide.
*This post is not sponsored. All opinions are my own.
**Products get makeovers too. Be sure to check if this product has been recently re-formulated before using it yourself.13