The new Sublime Sage Spray Deodorant from Ursa Major is another brilliant formulation from the Vermont-based skincare maker. After 4 weeks of testing, I’m thrilled to share it with you!
Like all Ursa Major formulations, the spray deodorant is made with healthful, natural ingredients. I like it so much that I’m going to continue using it as my daily deodorant.
Why I Love Sublime Sage Spray Deodorant from Ursa Major
I didn’t think anyone could pry my favorite Hoppin’ Fresh Deodorant out of my hands. I’ve been using it consistently for a couple of years. But this new Sublime Sage Spray Deodorant is divine. Here’s why:
- It works. I can rely on it while on hikes, during long workdays, and in my (very sweaty) OrangeTheory class. Many “natural” deodorants don’t perform as well.
- It’s easy to re-apply. This is important when you’ve been working all day and don’t have time to rinse off before moving to your evening activity—whether you’re headed for an evening out or snuggling up with a loved one on the couch, the Sublime Sage Spray Deodorant gets the job done quickly and easily.
- The scent is incredible. It comes from all-natural plant-based oils that combat body odor and soothe skin. It’s a fresh, outdoorsy scent that’s flattering for both men and women.
- It’s lightweight. It’s not sticky. And after about a minute after application, it feels like nothing at all on skin.
- The ingredients are healthy and safe. There are zero phthalates, secret ingredients, or concerning synthetic additives.
About the Price ($18)
I’m all about saving money, so I understand that $18 may seem like a steep price to pay, especially when the natural market down the street sells deodorants for under $10. But here’s the catch: those natural deodorants don’t work as well as deodorants made by Ursa Major. When I first switched to natural beauty several years ago, I learned that through a frustrating trial-and-error process.
The difference with Ursa Major is their ingredients. They’re not just natural, they’re high-quality and expertly-picked. From the odor-eating enzymes to soothing plant oils, these are more than a mask for bad body odor… it’s genuine skincare for your underarms and an innovative and healthful approach to body odor.
Inside the Ingredients
Plant-based oils give this natural spray deodorant its distinctive fresh scent. The blend of sage, geranium, sandalwood, and lemon myrtle is light and unisex, utterly modern while being evocative of the outdoors.
But the star ingredient is saccharomyces ferment. The enzymes in this ferment actually neutralize existing body odor while inhibiting the development of more B.O. More than anything else, this is the ingredient that sets Ursa Major apart from other less-effective “natural” deodorants.
Here is the full ingredient list for Ursa Major’s Sublime Sage Spray Deodorant: water, organic denatured alcohol, organic saccharomyces ferment, glycerin, sodium citrate, polyglyceryl-2 caprate, polyglyceryl-6 caprylate, polyglyceryl-4 caprate, sodium caproyl/lauroyl/lactylate, triethyl citrate, sage oil, undecylenoyl glycine, polyglyceryl-3 caprylate, organic lavender flower oil, organic niaouli leaf oil, lemon myrtle leaf oil, sandalwood wood oil, organic geranium leaf oil, frankincense extract, patchouli leaf oil, organic bisabolol, phenethyl alcohol.
|Extremely Safe||Reasonably Safe||Proceed with Caution||Insufficient Data|
Where to Purchase Ursa Major’s Sublime Spray Deodorant
You can find this product at Ursa Major’s online shop.
*This post is not sponsored. All opinions are my own.
**Products get makeovers too. Be sure to check if this product has been recently re-formulated before using it yourself.