What makes it special
Here’s why I love RMS Ultimate Makeup Remover Wipes:
- Each wipe contains only one high quality ingredient: organic coconut oil.
- It fully—and gently—removes makeup. Even waterproof makeup. No need to worry about raccoon eyes in the morning.
- The texture of the natural rayon cloth is strong enough to withstand force. The cloth doesn’t rip or leave bits of fabric fluff on the face.
- Each individual cloth contains enough coconut oil (2.6g to be exact) to fully remove makeup, but not enough to drip and make a mess. (Hey, I love coconut oil, but the stuff is messy. Don’t shoot the messenger!)
- It doesn’t burn my sensitive eyes like some makeup removers do.
- The individually wrapped packets are convenient.
- The wipes are compostable.
Inside the Ingredients
Each 100% natural rayon wipe is saturated in one perfect ingredient: organic coconut oil.
|Extremely Safe||Reasonably Safe||Proceed with Caution||Insufficient Data|
Coconut oil is a well-known and loved natural beauty product. Used externally, it nourishes skin and hair. Taken internally, coconut oil provides the body with healthy saturated fats that can improve cholesterol levels, inflammation and brain function.
Coconut oil is naturally antibacterial, antifungal and antimicrobial. And although it seems counterintuitive, it’s safe for acne-prone skin.
As a makeup remover, coconut oil is ideal. It breaks up—or solubilizes—water-resistant substances found in mascara and eye shadow. And while it’s doing this, it softens and moisturizes skin.
How to use
First, I open the little packet, which is about the size and weight of wet wipe you’d find at a seafood restaurant. I unfold the natural rayon napkin and massage it over my entire face, focusing on the eyes.
As I cleanse, the makeup—even mascara and mineral makeup—melts away.
Once I’m sure the makeup has been transferred completely from my face to the wipe, I toss the wipe and wash my face with a gentle creamy cleanser (like this one). I’m a fan of double-cleansing in this manner, and the RMS Makeup Remover Wipes make the process so much simpler.
A single RMS Ultimate Makeup Remover Wipe is enough to remove a full face of makeup.
Where to purchase
The RMS Ultimate Makeup Remover Wipes are $16 for a box of 20 individually-wrapped wipes. Find them here.
*This post is not sponsored. All opinions are my own.
**Products get makeovers too. Be sure to check if this product has been recently re-formulated before using it yourself.1