Kari Gran’s Lip Whips are the green beauty world’s answer to the iconic lip balm from La Mer. In fact, I’d wager they’re even better than the La Mer version because:
- Kari Gran’s ingredients are organic, natural, and fully disclosed—there are no secret ingredients lurking behind the catch-all term “fragrance.”
- Lip Whips come in 7 flattering shades, ranging from sheer to bold.
Lip Whips are better than your typical lip product. Instead of cheap petroleum-based ingredients, Lip Whips are made of plant-based and organic ingredients which not only protect the lips, but nourish them.
The way they make my dry lips feel is extraordinary: soft, deeply moisturized, and flake-free. The texture isn’t tacky or sticky.
Inside the Ingredients
Here’s the full ingredient list for the Kari Gran Lip Whips: organic castor seed oil, organic beeswax, organic sunflower oil, organic camellia seed oil, organic olive, organic calendula extract, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, carmine, non-GMO tocopherol, organic peppermint oil.
|Extremely Safe||Reasonably Safe||Proceed with Caution||Insufficient Data|
What you’re looking at is a formulation done extremely well. The organic ingredients such as camellia oil (rich in oleic acid) and sunflower oil (a lightweight oil rich in an array of skin-nourishing vitamins) provide exactly what parched, flaky lips crave: NOURISHMENT.
Where to Purchase
Kari Gran Lip Whips are $24 each and come in a stunning glass-and-gold pot. You can find all the shades at one of my favorite clean beauty boutiques, Integrity Botanicals:
- Rosie Gold: sheer blush tones with a light gold shimmer
- Shimmer: nude sheen with a touch of champagne sparkle
- Radiant: a subtle, sheer everyday pink with cool undertones
- Jolene: vibrant fuchsia with enough pigment to create a bold look
- Suji: a buildable ruby tone that also works as a lip stain
- Jeannie: a sheer yet rich berry color
- Marsala: a sheer wine color, flattering on a variety of skin tones
Don’t forget the Lip Prep
The secret to gorgeous lips is oftentimes less about the color you apply and more about the prep done before any lip color is applied.
Without a gentle exfoliator like the Lip Perfector ($18), you prep lips to look (and feel!) their best.
If you are prone to dry lips like I am, this stuff is a lifesaver!
I love these products so much that they’re part of my popular guide, Shopper’s Guide to Natural & Nontoxic Makeup.
*This post is not sponsored. All opinions are my own.
**Products get makeovers too. Be sure to check if this product has been recently re-formulated before using it yourself.32