I’m so excited to share this Indie Lee toner review because it’s now a product I recommend frequently. I wish I had found it in my 20s. It works so well for my skin in my 30s. And I have a feeling it’ll work with my skin into my 40s.
It’s easy to skip toner. When you look at a typical skincare routine—cleanse, repair, moisturize, protect—adding yet another step can seem excessive. But Indie Lee’s CoQ-10 Toner is worth it.
- It makes skin look hydrated and plumped.
- Because of the hyaluronic acid, skin improvement is seen immediately. This makes the CoQ-10 Toner from Indie Lee an ideal product to use daily under your other skincare products and makeup.
- It works for all skin types, including dry, breakout-prone, and sensitive.
- It helps to refine skin that’s both congested and dry (AKA the unholy combination).
- It balances pH levels, which may not sound like much, but is an important step after cleansing.
- It calms redness and inflammation. I’m prone to redness, and this toner became an easy way to immediately extinguish 90% of my post-cleansing redness.
It’s not an anti-acne product, but it certainly helps to make skin look its best post-breakout. Whether that’s a permanent improvement or a temporary one, it’s hard to tell. Still, the improvement was undeniable.
Inside the Ingredients of the Indie Lee Toner
Here is the full ingredient list: water, aloe, coenzyme Q10, hyaluronic acid, chamomile, sage, carica papaya leaf extract, cucumber extract, bitter orange flower oil, 1.3 propanediol, ethylhexylglycerin, potassium sorbate.
|Extremely Safe||Reasonably Safe||Proceed with Caution||Insufficient Data|
CoQ-10, also known as Coenzyme Q10, is the namesake ingredient of this toner, and for good reason. It’s used for its ability to diminish fine lines and age spots while giving skin an antioxidant boost.
This product is vegan and is free of alcohol and problematic parabens.
The Indie Lee CoQ-10 Toner can be used in the morning, in the evening, or even after a workout. It’s also an *awesome* anti-aging aftershave for men.
To use, saturate a cotton pad with the toner and gently apply over the face and throat, avoiding the eye area. It is a moisturizing formula, but you should still follow up with a moisturizer (and a sunscreen if it’s light outside!).
I experimented with different application methods in an attempt to avoid wasting product in a cotton pad. I put some in a glass spray bottle and I also patted the product onto my face using just my hands to apply (skipping the cotton pad).
Ultimately, I’ve chosen to stick with Indie Lee’s recommended method of application because 1.) using a cotton pad ensured I had a deep and even application, allowing me to give special attention to dry areas such as around my mouth and nose, and 2.) the product is reasonably priced, so there was no need to stress about a few lost drops on the cotton pad.
Where to Purchase the Indie Lee Toner
You can find a 4oz glass bottle for $34 at one of my favorite online beauty shops, Follain.
*This post is not sponsored. All opinions are my own.
**Products get makeovers too. Be sure to check if this product has been recently re-formulated before using it yourself.20