Several years ago, I created an Excel spreadsheet about green beauty products. It was a sprawling, intimidating compilation of all the information I gathered while transitioning to clean makeup and skincare.
In the spreadsheet, there were all sorts of columns. Columns for products I currently used or was interested in trying, columns for ingredient lists, columns for ingredient definitions, and columns for my notes on product performance. My system was impractical and it didn’t help anyone but myself (plus a few brave girlfriends who used it to get product recommendations).
Two important things have changed since that spreadsheet. First, I discovered that Evernote was a friendlier way to organize information. Second, I decided to share my findings with the world.
And so The Beauty Proof was born.
I’m not a chemist, physician, or salesperson. I am simply a woman, mother and consumer sharing my imperfect journey with other like-minded people.
Since launching exactly one year ago, The Beauty Proof has:
- Encouraged women to shop smart, know their sunscreens, and take into consideration the cumulative effect of using “just a little bit” of unhealthy products.
- Shared top natural makeup and skincare picks with women new to green beauty.
- Posted 100 product reviews with ingredient breakdowns, while sharing honest accounts of how & why I decided to stop using some toxic products.
- Posted a first video.
- Gotten social on Twitter, Pinterest, and Tumblr.
- Connected with the highly dedicated makers of clean makeup and skincare products. I am filled with admiration for these talented men and women.
- Engaged with countless women (and a few men) about their own journeys in cleaning up their beauty routines.