Natural skincare doesn’t get any better than the Cream from S.W. Basics. Comprised of three certified organic and wildcrafted ingredients, it’s one of my holy grail products.
Why It Rocks
Here’s why I’m a fan of S.W. Basics Cream:
- The ingredients are clean, natural and safe.
- It softens dry skin without making oily areas worse.
- Although the cream is made of oils and butters I don’t enjoy using on my face individually, the three of them whipped together work remarkably well.
- There are no added fragrances or essential oils.
- Like all S.W. Basics products, the ingredient list is short and sweet.
- Because this cream doesn’t contain water, it never feels like skin “dries out” a few minutes after application (a phenomenon to blame on evaporation).
- For many acne sufferers—myself included—it doesn’t create any breakouts or clogged pores.
- The texture feels extremely luxurious. It just melts into skin.
- It soothes redness.
- Because of the simplicity of the ingredients, it’s an ideal cream to seal in your favorite skin serum.
Inside the Ingredients
The S.W. Basics Cream has a waterless formulation with only three ingredients:
Ingredients: unrefined shea butter, organic coconut oil, organic olive oil.
|Extremely Safe||Reasonably Safe||Proceed with Caution||Insufficient Data|
The shea butter is wildcrafted by a Fair Trade women’s collective in Ghana.
Tips for Successful Application
During the hot and humid summer days in North Carolina, I save this cream for nighttime.
But when the weather is cool and dry? I use it day and night. I’m just careful not to over-apply during the day under makeup.
If you’re used to water-based moisturizers, this Cream from S.W. Basics may feel too heavy or greasy at first. But use only a tiny amount, and your skin will absorb it quickly.
Where to Purchase
The Cream from S.W. Basics is $20 for a 2oz tube. Purchase it here.
The packaging has changed since I originally photographed the jar pictured above; S.W. Basics now packages this same awesome cream in a metal tube!
This product is part of my popular guide to natural skin care, Natural Skin Care: 99 Amazing Products to Transform Your Skin.
*This post is not sponsored. All opinions are my own.
**Products get makeovers too. Be sure to check if this product has been recently re-formulated before using it yourself.0