If a product has a few flaws, but is also truly usable and nontoxic, I believe it still deserves our attention.
The Fruit Pigmented Mascara by 100% Pure is the first natural mascara that I’ve seen fit to include on The Beauty Proof. Other natural mascaras I’ve tested have performed so poorly that I couldn’t bring myself to wear them for a single moment longer, much less write about them with enthusiasm.
Although it’s not perfect, the 100% Pure mascaras have clean ingredients and are especially beneficial for people with highly sensitive eyes.
Inside the Ingredients
Ingredients: organic green tea, tocopherol, beeswax, blackberry extract, blackcurrant extract, raspberry extract, hydrolyzed oat protein, hydrolyzed wheat protein, pantothenic acid (vitamin B3), bladderwrack seaweed extract, coconut stearic acid, mica, cocoa butter, pearl powder, rice powder, cocoa powder, powdered coffee beans, lavender honey, oregano extract, thyme extract, rosemary extract, lavender extract, goldenseal extract.
|Extremely Safe||Reasonably Safe||Proceed with Caution||Insufficient Data|
This ingredient list makes me smile when I consider the plethora of toxic substances in other popular mascaras. But 100% Pure has proven that all those irritating and even dangerous ingredients aren’t a necessary evil. In this Fruit Pigmented Mascara, a mixture of inoffensive plant-derived ingredients (plus some mica and pearl powder) come together to make a wholly wearable mascara.
Pros and Cons
My complaints about the mascara:
- The coverage is not easily buildable.
- The color lacks glossiness (a personal preference).
- On some days, but not all, there’s a little smudging under my eyes which is annoying but easily fixed.
- It does little to lengthen lashes.
The reasons I like this mascara and continue to wear it:
- It thickens and darkens my lashes, providing a general enhancing effect as any decent mascara should do.
- The pigmentation is an intense black. Considering that this mascara gets most of its pigment from things like blackberry, tea, and blackcurrent, it’s good to note that the color will hold up in a comparison against any decent department store mascara.
- The hourglass-shaped wand is fabulous and easy to use.
- At the end of the day, my eyes are far less red and dry (a trait which I formerly attributed to “a long day”, not realizing my irritating mascara was the culprit).
- The ingredients are not a blend of toxic, harsh irritants.
- My lashes feel soft, not brittle.
Where to Purchase
The 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Mascara is $25 for a 0.24 oz tube. Find it in black here.
They also sell the Fruit Pigmented Mascaras in blue, purple and brown.
*This post is not sponsored. All opinions are my own.
**Products get makeovers too. Be sure to check if this product has been recently re-formulated before using it yourself.