Few green beauty products are as essential, or as versatile, as Waxelene. It’s a petroleum-free, GMO-free, all-natural alternative to petroleum jelly.
Waxelene is as multifunctional as Vaseline, but with a different ingredient profile.
Here’s just some of the uses for Waxelene:
- Soften dry skin and chapped lips. It works equally well on the face, knees, cuticles, elbows, cracked heels and calluses.
- Protect the skin against wind, dry air and cold in extreme weather.
- Eczema relief.
- Soothe a raw nose.
- Use as a makeup remover.
- Prevent chafing when running or biking.
- Miscellaneous household tasks such as loosening stuck locks, lubing skate wheels, treating leather and threading needles.
- As a barrier around the face when dying hair.
- Soothe skin after sun exposure, shaving, or minor scrapes.
- Get gum out of hair.
- As a styling pomade for mustaches and unruly eyebrows.
- Prevent wetsuit chafe.
- For pets: soften paws, soothe hot spots and dry noses.
Waxelene is especially useful for babies. Here’s a few of my favorite ways to use it with baby:
- Soothe diaper rash and irritation. (And yes, it will wash out of cloth diapers!)
- Cradle cap.
- Uncomfortable shoes.
- Eczema relief.
- Chapped lips and dry skin.
- Keeping shampoo out of the eyes.
Inside the Ingredients
Waxelene contains only four ingredients: organic soy oil, raw beeswax, vitamin E oil, organic rosemary oil.
|Extremely Safe||Reasonably Safe||Proceed with Caution||Insufficient Data|
The beeswax is unbleached and the soy oil is non-GMO.
The finished product is soft, rich and creamy.
Waxelene is certified cruelty-free by PETA and Leaping Bunny.
Waxelene comes in five different sizes. So whether you’re keeping it in a first aid kit, a purse, or on the bathroom counter, you can get exactly what you need.
Here’s the options:
- lip balm squeeze
- flip top squeeze tube
- 2oz jar
- 9oz jar
Where to Purchase
The 0.75oz flip tube (like the one pictured above) is $20. Find it here.
The big 9oz jar is $29. Purchase it here.
Waxelene is also carried in some stores you may not expect, such as CVS, Target and Bed Bath & Beyond. Waxelene has developed such a strong following that mainstream retailers have decided to stock this remarkably useful and beloved product.
This product is part of my popular guide to natural skin care, Natural Skin Care: 99 Amazing Products to Transform Your Skin.
*This post is not sponsored. All opinions are my own.
**Products get makeovers too. Be sure to check if this product has been recently re-formulated before using it yourself.