The Vitality Nourishing Facial Oil from Sonage is a natural serum oil backed by EWG Verification.
It’s a mid-weight oil (not too heavy, not too light) with a spicy, floral scent.
What It Does
The Vitality Nourishing Facial Oil is a straightforward oil. It doesn’t clog pores and leaves skin with a silky feeling.
It contains ingredients that are useful in combatting the early signs of aging.
This facial oil is EWG Verified.
The EWG—also known as the Environmental Working Group—is the organization behind the Skin Deep database, the Dirty Dozen and the highly-anticipated annual Sunscreen Guide. EWG Verified’s recent launch is exciting because they have a stellar record of educating consumers.
When you see the EWG Verification on a personal care product, you can feel confident that you’ve found a quality product.
In order to carry the EWG Verified logo, any product must meet or exceed the EWG’s high standards. These include:
- Products can’t contain any ingredients on the EWG’s “Unacceptable” list, which excludes ingredients associated with ecotoxicity, contamination concerns, and adverse health effects.
- Products must fully disclose all ingredients on the label, including ingredients used in fragrance.
- Products must follow the European Union’s stringent requirements for labeling fragrance allergens and nanomaterials.
- The products must score a safe “green” rating in the EWG’s Skin Deep database.
- The company must allow the EWG to perform random product testing to ensure all guidelines are met.
Several of my favorite beauty brands—like Mychelle, Beautycounter, and Graydon—have adopted the EWG Verified insignia.
Inside the Ingredients
Ingredients: sunflower seed oil, argan oil, marula oil, lavender essential oil, cypress essential oil, geranium flower oil, rosemary leaf oil, tocopherol acetate, safflower oil, fucus vesiculosus extract, willow leaf extract, ginkgo biloba leaf extract.
|Extremely Safe||Reasonably Safe||Proceed with Caution||Insufficient Data|
Sunflower seed oil isn’t a particularly exciting oil, but it gets the job done. It’s well-tolerated by even sensitive and acne-prone skin types, making it a worthwhile base.
There is one ingredient to be aware of, especially if you have reactive skin. Those with lavender sensitivities should be careful, as it contains lavender essential oil.
How to Use
Use sparingly on the face, neck, and décolletage, then top with another heavier cream if desired.
I found that it takes a few minutes to absorb into the skin, especially if I’ve applied too much.
Where to Purchase
The Sonage Vitality Nourishing Facial Oil is $34 for a 0.5oz plastic pump bottle, but you may be able to get it at a discount at Pharmaca. Purchase it here.
*This post is not sponsored. All opinions are my own.
**Products get makeovers too. Be sure to check if this product has been recently re-formulated before using it yourself.