Ursa Major’s Flash Mask quickly dissolves dead surface skin to enhance skin’s luminosity, firmness and clarity.
It’s infinitely more gentle than a harsh scrub or chemical peel, meaning there’s less of a chance of adverse reactions such as redness, irritation, or whatever type of pissed-off skin rebellion your face is prone to.
Here’s why you need to know about the 3-Minute Flash Mask:
- The ingredients are clean and safe.
- It gently clears congested skin and brightens dull skin.
- It effectively utilizes enzymatic exfoliation, as opposed to abrasive physical exfoliation. BTW—if you find a DIY natural face scrub recipe on Pinterest that promises you bright, fresh skin by using coffee grounds or sugar or something noticeably abrasive, don’t do it! Your skin deserves better.
- It’s not messy. It rinses off easily, and it won’t stain clothing or towels that it does happen to come into contact with.
- For most people, skin won’t be excessively red or irritated after using it.
- The gel-like texture is delightfully unexpected and feels good on skin.
- It’s appropriate for all skin types. I’m fairly sensitive, and my skin loved it.
Inside the Ingredients
The Flash Mask effectively exfoliates and brightens skin without tearing it to shreds. Through the years, I’ve tested more natural facial exfoliants than I can count. And I’ve learned—the hard way, mind you—that just because it’s natural doesn’t mean that it’s weak. Nature is filled with all sorts of plant-based enzymes, acids, and abrasive agents. Finding a “natural” ingredient to exfoliate skin isn’t the challenge. The challenge is finding the right combination of exfoliating agents to not totally throw skin off balance.
And I believe Ursa Major has a victory of balance and effectiveness in this 3-Minute Flash Mask.
It contains enzymes (from pomegranate), alpha hydroxy acids (hibiscus and pineapple), and beta hydroxy acids (aspen bark).
This particular mask is 99.99% naturally-derived and 82% organic. And, of course, it is free of parabens, synthetic colors or fragrances, petrochemicals, sulfates and glycols.
Here’s the full ingredient list for the 3-Minute Flash Mask: organic aloe, organic witch hazel, organic alcohol, glycerin, sodium levulinate, sodium anisate, lactobacillus/pomegranate ferment extract, aspen bark extract, sclerotium gum, pectin, water, sodium hyaluronate, organic alfalfa extract, organic hibiscus flower extract, willow bark extract, copper PCA, caprylic/capric triglyceride, rose extract, vanilla extract, cucumber fruit extract, sandalwood extract, passiflora incarnata fruit extract, apricot fruit extract, raspberry fruit extract, ylang ylang flower extract, cantaloupe extract, coffee seed extract, coconut fruit extract, orange peel extract, sweet almond fruit extract, lemon peel extract, pineapple fruit extract, grapefruit peel extract, rosewood extract, lavender extract.
|Extremely Safe||Reasonably Safe||Proceed with Caution||Insufficient Data|
If you’re like me, and tend to be wary of facial products that contain any coconut or lavender because they’ve caused you irritation in the past, I wouldn’t worry about their inclusion in this Flash Mask. Unless you have a serious allergy, the coconut (#28 on the list) and lavender (#35 on the list) shouldn’t create any problems.
How to Use the Flash Mask
Massage a quarter-size amount onto clean, dry skin. Leave it on for 3+ minutes, then rinse with warm water. Use once or twice a week.
I’ve found that 4 minutes, once a week is just right for my skin. Your skin may prefer a bit more or a bit less. Just start slow—2 or 3 minutes, once a week—to find your perfect masking routine.
Where to Purchase
More Ursa Major Products Worth Checking Out
I have a deep and abiding affection for Ursa Major. Their ingredient lists are clean and their products work. And I’ve never felt like their products are the same old thing every beauty brand is peddling.
Every single one of their products that I’ve tested has stood out in its all-around thoughtfulness: scent, texture, functionality, packaging, and ease of use.
If you’re intrigued by Ursa Major, as any green beauty aficionado would be, be sure to check out these awesome products:
- Daily Defense Lotion with SPF18 ($54). I’ve been wearing this daily for a long time. It’s hard to find a good natural zinc oxide facial sunscreen, especially one that works under makeup. The formulation doesn’t break me out, it works in hot or humid weather, and gives me better results than other sunscreens I’ve tried with higher SPFs. Crazy, right? The ingredients are 99.5% naturally-derived and 65% organic. You can check out the full story on it here.
- Hoppin’ Fresh Deodorant ($18). The ultra-clean ingredient list is free of synthetic fragrances, hormone-disrupting preservatives or problematic aluminums. And it works. If you’re looking for a green deodorant that works, read my full profile on it here.
- Golden Hour Recovery Cream ($48). For anyone who desperately needs moisture for their skin, but hates any product that feels greasy, heavy or oily, the Golden Hour Recovery Cream is a revelation. It actually absorbs and leaves skin with a velvety texture. It’s also ideal for anyone who is frequently outdoors and exposed to the elements: sun, salt water, etc. Thus far, every Ursa Major product I’ve tried feels light on the skin, which is worthwhile to note, because so many natural skincare brands will sometimes over-rely on heavy oils in their formulations which can lead to the skin feeling suffocated. Check out the full story here.
*This post is not sponsored. All opinions are my own.
**Products get makeovers too. Be sure to check if this product has been recently re-formulated before using it yourself.