At the request of The Beauty Proof readers, here it is: 40+ incredible natural hair products. Prices range from $8 to $72, and there’s something here for just about every hair type and concern. So jump in, and see if you find something for your own gorgeous ‘do.
This particular post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I may receive a small commission if you purchase it (at no added cost to you). Thank you for your support to keep The Beauty Proof free of ads and sponsored content! If you’re not comfortable using affiliate links or don’t wish to support The Beauty Proof, simply open a new browser window and type in a new search for the product you’re interested in purchasing.
- Acure Organics | Clarifying Shampoo, $10. Promotes shiny, healthy, clean hair. Find it here.
- Graydon | All Over Soap, $18. Makes hair soft and smooth. Can be used to wash your entire body as well. Safe for color-treated hair. Find it here.
- Intelligent Nutrients | Harmonic Shampoo, $25. Cleanses impurities with a lightweight formula that provides volume and shine for all hair types. Find it here.
- Rahua | Classic Shampoo, $32. Strengthens all hair types, including color-treated and delicate hair. Find it here.
- True Botanicals | Nourishing Shampoo, FRESH, $34. SLS-free color-safe cleansing for soft hair and healthy scalp. Smells divine. Read a review or purchase it here.
- Yarok | Feed Your Moisture Shampoo, $39. Gently cleanses without stripping, while infusing hair with hydrating and restorative oils. Find it here.
- Acure Organics | Dry Shampoo, $10. Uses an organic corn starch and french white clay base to absorb oil and grime. Find it here.
- One Love Organics | Healthy Locks Dry Shampoo Powder, $12. Made with a blend of absorbent Georgia kaolin clay, hyaluronic acid and silica-rich bamboo extract. Find it here.
- Rahua | Voluminous Dry Shampoo, $32. Adds volume, cleans and styles hair. Find it here.
- Acure | Leave-In Conditioner, $10. Spray on natural hydration and weightless protection. Works well for detangling. Find it here.
- Innersense | Color Radiance Daily Conditioner, $22. Nourishes color-treated hair with natural proteins, aromatic oils and flower essences. Gives hair resilience and shine. Find it here.
- John Masters Organics | Lavender & Avocado Intensive Conditioner, $22. For normal to dry hair types, to restore shine and vitality to damaged hair. Find it here.
- Rahua | Conditioner, $34. Strengthens and softens color-treated hair. Find it here.
- Seaweed Bath Co. | Moisturizing Unscented Argan Conditioner, $13. Deeply moisturizing without weighing hair down. Great value. Find it here.
- True Botanicals | Nourishing Conditioner, FRESH, $34. Truly weightless moisture. For soft, shiny hair with bounce. Read a review or purchase it here.
- Evolvh | SuperFinish Polishing Balm, $32. Boosts shine, controls fly-aways and de-frizzes. Non-greasy; an incredible alternative to oils. Find it here.
- Evolvh | TotalControl Styling Cream, $28. Creates fullness and volume, while defrizzing and adding shine. Find it here.
- Intelligent Nutrients | Perfect Hold Hair Spray, $32. Delivers silky, thickening, flexible, lasting hold. Some say this is the best natural hair spray you can find. Find it here.
- Intelligent Nutrients | Styling Gel Organic, $15. Firm hold for styling wet or dry hair. Won’t diminish volume or shine. Find it here.
- Josh Rosebrook | LIFT Hair Texture & Volume, $22. There’s nothing like it for fine or limp hair. Find it here.
- La Tierra Sagrada | Salt Spray, $30. For volume at the roots or beach-like texture at hair’s ends. Find it here.
- Rahua | Cream Wax, $32. A soft, creamy styler that gives control, manageability and hold. Find it here.
- Yarok | Feed Your Roots Mousse, $27. Volume, bounce and hold without stickiness. Buy it here.
Curly/Kinky Hair Creams
- Innersense | I Create Quiet Calm Curl Control, $20. Defines curls, eliminates frizz and smooths textured hair. Find it here.
- Intelligent Nutrients | Curly Hair Serum, $33. Defines and energizes curls while providing shine and a smooth, soft finish. Find it here.
- Shea Radiance | Maximum Curl Defining Cream, $16. Moisturizes, provides flexible curl, fights frizz and resists humidity. Find it here.
- Yarok | Feed Your Curls Defining Cream, $37. I’m constantly being asked how I got my daughter’s 3B curls looking so soft and gorgeous. My answer? Yarok! Find it here.
Natural Hair Treatments
- Bragg’s | Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar, around $12 for a bottle. A quick rinse after shampooing will make hair softer, shinier and easier to manage. Find it at your local health food store.
- Bulk Herb Store | Beautiful Hair Treatments, $15. The smell created by mixing these powdered herbal remedies with apple cider vinegar and eggs is something fierce, but the results are undeniable. Nothing has made such a difference on my hair as these treatments. Check out the versions for dark hair, red hair, blonde hair, and strawberry blonde hair.
- Fig + Yarrow | Hair & Scalp Tonic, $34. Utilizes organ horsetail, rosemary, burdock root and nettles to nourish and condition hair and scalp. Find it here.
- La Bella Figura | Bohemia Verde Aromatic Hair Elixer, $50. Enhances shine, enriches dull and damaged hair, and smooths frizz. Use it for preheat styling, for after-styling luster or as a deep conditioning treatment. Find it here.
- Reverie | Anti-Aging Growth Serum, $72. Utilizes apple stem cells and hydrolyzed lupine protein to promote growth and restoration. Find it here.
- Cocovit | Organic Coconut Oil, $25-$38. Suitable for all ages, skin and hair types. Coconut oil extracted using a heatless process, leaving the oil as nutritionally intact as possible. Also works as a skin moisturizer and makeup remover. Find it here.
- Helen from Well-Being Secrets has compiled the 28 science-backed health benefits of coconut oil. Check out this fascinating read here.
- Mountain Rose Herbs | Rosemary Herbal Oil, $8. For scalp conditions and damaged hair, use it as a hot oil treatment. Find it here.
- Now Foods | Organic Jojoba Oil, $9. Softens and replenishes hair. If you’re concerned about hair products breaking you out, this might end up being your holy grail hair product. Find it here.
- Kahina | 100% Raw Argan Oil, $36-$80. This may be the highest quality argan oil around, and hair and skin respond to this kind of quality. Restores shine and tames frizz. Find it here.
For more of the best products in natural beauty,
be sure to check out the Skincare Guide and Makeup Guide.