Ayla, the clean beauty destination, will build a customized skincare regimen for you to sample before committing to the full-sized products.
Why You Want It
Do you feel like you could be doing more for your skin?
Do you want to stop wasting money on products that don’t work well together? Or—even more importantly—do you want to avoid products that are wrong for your skin?
Ayla Beauty can help.
Ayla Beauty carries some of the best American natural beauty brands, but they have the advantage of specializing in international ones that are difficult to find in the United States. Ayla carries international brands such as Luzern (Switzerland), The Organic Pharmacy (England), Uma (India), and Biofficina Toscana (Italy). It’s from this stellar lineup that they’ll assemble your custom sample kit.
Testing a full sample-sized skincare routine eliminates product mismatch and is simply a smarter way to get the skin you want.
What It Costs
The consultation and custom sample kit is $32, which includes shipping and a $5 gift certificate that you can use towards your next purchase of full-size product at AylaBeauty.com.
How It Works
Step 1: Fill out an online Q&A about your unique skincare needs, concerns, and preferences.
Step 2: Pay $32.
Step 3: Receive your custom-curated skincare regimen.
Fair warning: There’s a good chance you’ll love what you try and will want to use that $5 credit towards full-size bottles of the products you’ve been matched with.
In my consultation, I explained my concern about the small lines forming around my eyes and forehead, my annoying tendency towards hyperpigmentation and sensitivity, my status as a nursing mom, and my opinions of the products I currently use.
They even wanted to know if I preferred my beauty routine to be simple or elaborate.
I admired how my Ayla Beauty consultant, a real person named Lisa, wisely prescribed several products from different lines (Luzern, Ursa Major, MyHavtorn, BioRecept, Marie Veronique). And she gave me detailed directions on how and when to use each particular product.
The samples ended up giving me 4 days worth of product (exceptions: 3 days for the oil cleanser, 5 days for the facial oil).
I felt the amount of product in each sample was adequate to determine if the products were right for me.
I had no problems with any of the products (a serious concern with sensitive skin like mine), and was pleased with each individual product and the overall regimen.
I’m fairly savvy when it comes to beauty products, but Ayla’s expert was able to point me to amazing products that I would have probably overlooked. I benefitted from their guidance.
My Product Matches
Of course, you’ll be matched with different products, based on your unique needs.
But here’s what Ayla Beauty picked for me:
- Gentle Gel Cleanser from Marie Veronique, $35. Most gel cleansers can be irritating to those of us with sensitive skin. But this one uses sugar surfactants to gently cleanse, along with a pre/probiotic blend to support the skin’s microbiome. I was instructed to use it in the morning with cool or lukewarm water.
- NeoBio Serum from BioRecept, $68. This serum comes from a French skincare line that utilizes the power of both short- and long-chain hyaluronic acid for longer-lasting beautifying and anti-aging effect. It’s great for skin struggling with adult acne. Plus, it helps to soothe skin while improving the look of superficial scars. I was instructed to apply this as a first layer after cleansing in the morning.
- Total Lift Eclat Serum from BioRecept, $82. This serum was intended to layer over the first one. I adore this type of skincare alchemy! The Total Lift Eclat provides long-term anti-aging benefits (wrinkle smoothing, increased firmness, and pore size reduction) along with an immediate boost of radiance, hydration, and decreased puffiness around the eyes. Pairing the NeoBio Serum with the Total Lift Eclat has improved the look of my skin, and has made the duo a “must buy ASAP!” for me.
- Force Field Daily Defense Lotion SPF18 from Ursa Major, $54. Ayla Beauty paired me with a product I already know and love! And it works beautifully in conjunction with the layered serums (which would have been impossible to know without the Ayla expert’s guidance).
- Organic Cleanser from MyHavtorn, $30. This oil cleanser was my nighttime makeup remover and skin cleanser. It has an orange color and a vibrant botanical smell. It works well for dry/sensitive skin and left my skin glowing after a long day. It uses a blend of rich oils and butters: castor, shea, sesame, rapeseed, and more.
- Firming Collagen Booster from Luzern, $140. This is some serious anti-aging skincare to improve skin elasticity and skin firmness. This is the kind of luxurious preventative and reparative skincare I was hoping to find in my Ayla custom sample kit! This serum is full of peptides, marine algae and hyaluronic acid. Although this serum is Ayla’s top recommendation for menopausal skin, this serum is also a favorite among the thirtysomethings who work at Ayla. With all the incredible clean skincare these folks have at their fingertips, that’s a seal of approval I’m willing to pay attention to!
- The final step in my new nighttime regimen is the Organic Facial Oil from MyHavtorn ($50) which came in a glass dropper. It stands out from other luxury skincare oils in that it is a whopping 50% sea buckthorn oil. I’m obsessed! It smells alive and fresh, and helped to balance my dry-ish skin.
The introduction to these exceptional European brands alone made the sample kit worth it.
I wish I had connected with a service like the Ayla Skincare Consultation & Custom Sample Kit earlier in my career as a natural skincare junkie.
A skincare regimen is more than the sum of its parts. Some products may work well on their own, but not when mixed with other products.
If you’ve ever wasted money buying the wrong combination of products—causing pilling, greasiness, dryness, breakouts or irritation—you could use a service like the Ayla Skincare Consultation & Custom Sample Kit.
Although there’s other skincare consultation services out there, I believe this one stands out as exceptional.
Where to Get It
*This post is not sponsored. All opinions are my own.