When you switched over to nontoxic makeup, did you feel forced to exchange performance for safety?
Allow me to let you in on a little secret: When it comes to Nu Evolution makeup, you’ll never have to make that sacrifice again.
Nu Evolution is a consistently awesome performance makeup line that just happens to be made with safe and high quality ingredients. And their eyeshadows are not only gorgeous, they’re also free of undesirable ingredients such as parabens and synthetic fragrances.
16 Stunning Shades
Nu Evolution’s highly pigmented eyeshadows come in 16 shades. They apply smoothly and are highly blendable—qualities not possessed by all clean eye makeup!
They also have better staying powder than other talc-free eyeshadows I’ve tried in the past.
The finishes range from matte to metallic.
The three I’ve been wearing on a daily basis are Pinot, Versailles, and Chocolate Mousse. Pinot, in particular, is one of the most flattering shades I’ve ever used. The rich warmth of it makes my brown eyes pop.
Inside the Ingredients
Here’s the full ingredient list: mica, silica, boron nitride, buriti oil, zinc stearate, palmitoyl oligopeptide, palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7, caffeine, oregano extract, thyme extract, cinnamon extract, rosemary leaf extract, lavender flower extract, goldenseal root extract, lemon peel extract, grapefruit seed extract. May contain: ultramarines, titanium dioxide, and iron oxides.
|Extremely Safe||Reasonably Safe||Proceed with Caution||Insufficient Data|
A few things to notice in this list are:
- There is no talc.
- There is no phenoxyethanol, that controversial ingredient that purists shun.
- It doesn’t contain bismuth oxychloride, that stuff that makes some of us itch like madmen.
- It’s gluten free.
- There are no parabens.
- There are zero synthetic fragrances in this formulation.
There’s something else very important to note in this ingredient list: All ingredients have been disclosed. When you find a product that stands by all its ingredients—like this one—that’s a good thing.
Finding the word fragrance on the ingredient lists of other products means the company behind the product has chosen to not disclose all ingredients. Thanks to the Fair Packaging and Labeling Act of 1966, fragrance is considered proprietary information and allowed to be hidden from consumers. So while you see that single word on the label, it may contain any number of secret ingredients.
But here’s the good news: more and more companies are choosing to disclose all ingredients in their cosmetics, thus empowering consumers like you to make a choice with your eyes wide open. Transparency matters. And that’s just another reason I love these eyeshadows.
Where to Purchase
Each Nu Evolution Eyeshadow is $20. You can find them here at Credo Beauty, one of my favorite natural beauty boutiques.
More Nu Evolution Makeup Worth Having
Nu Evolution proves that just because you prefer nontoxic makeup doesn’t mean you’re stuck with a barely-there, minimalist look.
Beyond these (awesome!) eyeshadows, here are a few other Nu Evolution products to get your hands on ASAP:
- Blush ($28). The medium coverage is perfectly buildable and hard to mess up. And the three colors are stunningly flattering, IMHO. Read a review or find them here.
- Lip Gloss ($28). This lip gloss is so perfect they made it in 18 shades. Read a review or find it here.
- Complete Coverage Foundation ($47). It’s matte without being flat, and the color stays true all day—it doesn’t oxidize! Read a review or find it here.
- Camouflage Creme Concealer ($32). This nifty creation covers blemishes, redness, and imperfections with medium-to-full coverage. Read the review or find it here.
This product is part of my popular guide, The Shopper’s Guide to Natural and Nontoxic Makeup.
*This post is not sponsored. All opinions are my own.
**Products get makeovers too. Be sure to check if this product has been recently re-formulated before using it yourself.3